Summer is basically here and the Goldleaf Weight Loss Challenge is entering into it’s final week. Though I haven’t been an active participant, running the challenge for co-workers and friends has kept my work out routine and willingness to try to recipes/cooking in general more creative and fun that normal. I plan to continue to blog after the challenge ends with a lot of the same material – work outs, more recipes, music, and food reviews. I realize the past few weeks have found posts here to be a little neglected, due to exams, holiday weekends, and travel. As summer settles into a routine of working and summer school, I hope to get a schedule set down that will let me post here a little more like I used to.
But without further ado, here is the last week of challenges!
Keep a detailed food journal each day – 10 points
Run or walk 3 miles with 6 sprints interspersed between slower paced jogging or walking – 10 points
No work candy/desserts – 10 points
Make a list of habits you’ve gained over the past three months that have helped you lose or maintain your weight (you will submit this to me with your weigh in) – 1 point per habit
Do 3 strength circuit work outs (see below) – 15 points
No soda and drink 64 oz of water per day – 15 points
Strength Circuit Work Out
- 25 jumping jacks
- 25 squats (hold dumbbells in each hand if you are able to. I usually do 10-15 pounds)
- 15 push ups
- 30 bicycles
- Jump rope (or in place) for 30 seconds
- 20 lunges on each leg (hold dumbbells in each hand if you are able to. I usually do 10-15 pounds)
- 15 rows
- 1 minute plank
- 15 squat jumps
- 15 bicep curls
- 15 leg lifts (lie on your back and pick your heels up about two inches off the ground. Raise them until they form a 90 degree angle with the rest of your body and then lower back to the 2 inch mark)
- Repeat all moves once for a total of two rounds.
I know this work out seems a bit longer, but you’re only going through it twice. Circuit work outs are great because they combine strength with bursts of cardio that keep your heart rate up and burning calories. Personally, I’d round this circuit out with 15-20 minutes of cardio before getting into the strength moves.
Keep up the good work – only 1 week left to go!